St Lawrence Sea Wing

St Lawrence Sea Wing

Gulf of Mexico Wing

Gulf of Mexico Wing

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 5 Maine


For anyone who didn't know, Jim's Dad was a Captain in the Merchant Marines
so he is very interested in ships.  We spent the day at a martime museum
in Bath, Maine.  This is a picture of a wooden fishing vessel built in 1942.

The volunteers on the ship asked where we were from because they couldn't read my shirt.
I told them it was written in Cherokee so they didn't think I was a terroist anymore.


You can't get lobster any fresher than this.  We are staying in an American owned motel 7 mi. from
Acadia National Park and the owner suggested eating at his neighbor's house.  He is a lobster
fisherman during the day and he sells them at night.  We also had fresh clams.  No butter needed
for any of this.

Jim just removed the tail and really ticked off this lobster!!

Now for the lobster's revenge!!




Dessert!  Fresh Wild Maine Blueberries.  These are so sweet we can't stop eating them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like another great day. I love lobster. I'll bet the seafood is really good because it is so fresh. I would probably eat so much I would be sick. Keep the pics coming. I am enjoying your trip. lol
Char(Chief)